Puppy Proofing Your House:
Before getting your puppy home you should go around your home to ensure the puppy will be safe in your home.
Housetraining your Chow Chow:
Chow Chow Behavior:
Preventing Bad Behavior:
Disciplining Your Chow Chow
- Using your voice is the best way to get the point across that what your puppy did was wrong.
- Start from day 1, the puppy will need to learn what you expect but do not let your puppy get away with everything because he/she is cute and little, because they will not be forever.
- If your puppy chews on unacceptable items, give them a mean gruff "NO!" Move them to a toy that is acceptable, when they chew on toys give them praise and attention.
- If your puppy nips in play, use your voice with a gruff "NO!" and if the behavior persists, a finger pop on the nose while saying "NO!" may be necessary, but do not uses excess, you are getting the puppies attention and letting them know that they are not allowed to behave in that way.
- The key is to stay ahead of your puppy and ensure bad behavior does not start.